Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Don't go chasing waterfalls

I hear the deafening roar of a landscape centerfold
Approaching, I am scared of watching a truth, unfold
As I feel my life gushing like a freshly opened wound
Watery thoughts rush into my head, as I am attuned
Closer and closer, I feel the thunderous quake beneath
The earth shakes as I am blinded by its grinding teeth
All senses are tuned to the sound of the great waterfall
Nothing but down, down, into the abyss below, I must call
Millions of gallons per second, an unfathomable measure
Channeling from the mountains far away, at its great leisure
But inside, I feel a calm overcome and take root in my soul
Where the water runs its deepest, I feel akin to its control
poetry by Jon Coe

Channeling, structured versus fluidity that has long been a signature of Damir Doma. 
This set would be my take on it. 

White button down by Bench, Charcoal Drape top by Lord Maturan, Skirt+Shorts=Skorts by Mental, Gladiator mandals by Rusty Lopez, Various Trinkets accumulated thru time.

Photography by Ben Tui

1 comment: